Monday, May 29, 2017

Cobb Salad


DavidLebovitz

Cobb Salad
David, 26 May

The first avocado I ever had was at Scandia restaurant in Los Angeles and I hated it. The slippery little green cubes avoided my fork, until I managed to spear one. Once I did, I swallowed it – reluctantly, then avoided the rest of them on my plate. I’m not sure how I came to eventually love them, but the city of Los Angeles is a little like that as well; You might not like it at first, but it definitely grows on you.


Half of my family is from there so I got to visit them, and the city, during Christmas vacations when I was a kid. Leaving the East Coast snow behind and stepping out of the plane into the 8075º heat, and learning that people had actual swimming pools in their back yard, was a revelation.
Continue Reading Cobb Salad...
 
1px

No comments:

Post a Comment