Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Jasmine cocktail


DavidLebovitz

The Jasmine cocktail
David, 18 Apr


The other day, I watched nuclear warheads being rolled into place. I was in New York and saw the news on a television at the gym, as people did their reps and stomped away on the treadmills around me. I looked around and realized that I was the only one watching, standing transfixed in front of the television, with my mouth slightly agape, because it’s something I never thought I’d see in my lifetime.

 
 
Like        everybody else there, I went back to what I was doing and headed toward the exercise room. But couldn’t get it out of my head that that’s our new normal. We’re not shocked anymore, even though this might very well be it for us. I’ve never thought of anyone as “our enemy,” possibly because I look at the world through the lens of food. (And drink.)
Continue Reading The Jasmine cocktail...
   

1px

No comments:

Post a Comment