Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tawlet Souk el Tayeb, Lebanese food in Paris

 

DavidLebovitz

Tawlet Souk el Tayeb, Lebanese food in Paris
David, 28 Jun

Tawlet Souk el tayeb Lebanese food paris
One of the great regrets I had in life was when I went to Beirut and didn’t go to the Tawlet Souk el Tayeb, a culinary project supporting local farmers, cooks, and producers. There’s also a weekly farmers’ market, classes and meals.
Lebanese salads
Because my schedule was so packed on my trip, as much as I tried, I didn’t make it. A few years later – as in, this week, Kamal Mouzawak, the founder of the Souk el Tayeb, brought the cooks from Beirut to Paris. So I was anxious to go and cleared a patch in my schedule. (Although I wouldn’t mind going back to Beirut!)
I arrived early to check out what was happening in the kitchen, where the women were bustling around, preparing food for dinner. I noticed a big platter of pickled turnips, ready to go between pita breads for the homemade falafels they were frying up, which was a good sign. They weren’t the store-bought ones, but homemade.
 
1px

No comments:

Post a Comment