Thursday, November 19, 2015

Pumpkin Pie with Toasted Marshmallow Topping



DavidLebovitz

Pumpkin pie recipe with toasted marshmallow toppingPumpkin Pie with Toasted Marshmallow Topping
David, 19 Nov 

When I was growing up, I would not eat pumpkin pie. My mother never made it but they served it at our school cafeteria in New England and the orange filling looked a little jelled. It certainly wasn’t as appealing at the Boston Cream Pie on plates just next to the slices of the pie, with the glossy chocolate icing and the cool vanilla pastry cream piled up in the center. It was a no-brainer.
Interestingly, I don’t think I’ve ever made Boston Cream Pie, perhaps because it’s something that’s so mythic to me, and I hold it on such a high pedestal, that I’m not sure I could make one that meets my own unreasonable standards. But another, and perhaps a more important reason, is that if I made it, I would eat the whole thing in one sitting.

1px

No comments:

Post a Comment