Friday, January 23, 2015

Orange-Glazed Polenta Cake

DavidLebovitz

Orange-Glazed Polenta Cake
David, 2015-01-23 09:48

Apparently I’m not the only one who loves polenta cake. The Italians like it so much that it’s called Amor Polenta. Which means “Polenta Love.”
Orange-glazed polenta cakeWell, at least that’s what I thought it meant, because amour in French means “love.” And I assumed that it was the same in Italian. (Another reason for finally getting on that life-long ambition to live in Italy and learn Italian.) But for now, checking in an Italian dictionary, I found out that “amor” means “sake.” (As in, for the purpose of.) So I’m not sure how it got its name, but this cake makes a pretty good argument for the sake of whisking polenta into a cake.
Orange-glazed polenta cakeI’m one of those people who is completely crazy for anything with cornmeal, from corn bread to even a kind of kooky polenta ice cream that I’m sure no one else has ever made, because I used a completely obscure polenta that very, very few people can get their hands on. But I felt compelled to make it, for the sake of using up a little bag of that polenta that I had.
Orange-glazed polenta cake
Continue Reading Orange-Glazed Polenta Cake...

1px

No comments:

Post a Comment